Why Staging Your Home Pays.
Most homes have a traditional style. Today’s buyers are looking for transitional homes.
Over 83% of buyers find it easier to “visualize the property as their future home” when it’s staged in transitional style. (NAR 2019)
The goal of staging is to make the home more appealing to the highest number of potential buyers. This is why homeowners who move their home from traditional to transitional will benefit the most when they are ready to sell and we can help!
What is Traditional?
• European influence, elegance and comfort with antiques and classic pieces of art
• Symmetry, almost everything comes in pairs
• Dark rich colors. Dark wood, rich tones and refined colors
• Heavy window treatments with sheers and screens on all of the windows
• China cabinets and heavy knick knacks throughout
What is Transitional?
• Transitional style takes the best elements from both contemporary and traditional design to create warm, elegant and timeless space
• Neutral walls make for a great backdrop for furniture, accent decor, statement pieces and artwork
• Kitchens have stainless steel appliances, Quartz counters and white cabinets
• Simple lines
• Natural elements
• Minimalism. Less accessories and elegant finishes.
Our team recently staged this Vienna home (www.322WestStreet.com) and saw maximum result with little investment! Team members Morgan and Colby went into the home prior to list and saw the style leaned to a more traditional look. They then recommended $8,500 in cosmetic improvements. That investment returned at least $77,000 in profit to the seller, a contract in the first weekend and no home inspection.
Here is the list of low cost improvements implemented in this home:
- Paint modern colors
- Replace gold hardware with brushed nickel
- Remove traditional rugs and replace with modern rugs
- New light fixtures
- Thin out book shelves, wall decor etc
- Remove bulky furniture
Our team will only recommend improvements that will double or triple the investment. We do not recommend capital improvements where you’re putting in a new kitchen or a new bathroom. We like to think of it as recommending a face lift, not reconstructive surgery. A small investment of $5,000-$10,000 can increase the value of your house $25,000-$80,000 dollars.
We help sellers make free, and cost effective, changes to satisfy buyers.
Contact Casey before making ANY renovations. We are happy to help whether you are selling or not.
Our track record of selling our listings at 102% of our list price in an average of 12 days is unmatched by any other real estate team in the industry. Pricing and attention to detail are our keys to success.